Jazzit provides a great environment to have a meaningful impact on the Canadian small to medium size public accounting in addition to excellent opportunities for growth. We offer above-average industry compensation, a comfortable work environment, and good work/home balance.
Current positions available:
Click the links to go to the postion's description / qualifications:
- Jazzit (CaseView) Developer (full-time)
- Accounting Software Specialist (2+ years exp. required)
- Bookkeeper / Office Manager
We are looking for an experienced CaseWare / CaseView developer for template development and quality control of our Jazzit suite of templates. In addition to developing templates, you will assist in the development of support/training materials.
Calgary, Alberta Canada (population is approx. 1.4 million)
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Must have over 3 years of experience with CaseView design and have reached the expert level. You will only be considered if you have this experience.
- Experience in public accounting is an advantage. Require a strong understanding of the flow of information within financial statements.
- Post secondary education in accounting is an asset.
- Must possess excellent programming, testing and documentation skills.
- Experience working with clients to access template requirements and convert those requirements into template design.
- Experience managing projects and completing them on time.
- Experience working both as a team member and individual.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are self-directed, organized and disciplined.
- Review the existing templates to areas of improvement. Making recommendations and then modifying the template code to implement these recommendations.
- Work with our support team to identify causes for reported issues, determine best solutions and implement.
- Properly document design changes for both internal use and client use in technical bulletins and training materials including videos.
- Work with compliance personnel to identify revisions required to templates for standards changes and update templates as required.
- Review new versions of CaseWare/CaseView for added functionality and determine how we can best implement this functionality in our templates.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your level of experience.
Jazzit (Accountants Templates Inc.) Calgary, AB
Jazzit has a great opportunity for an Accounting Software Specialist and is looking for someone who likes helping people and has stellar problem-solving skills. An experienced, energetic and quick-thinking problem solver will be a perfect fit to assist their professional clients with questions relating to their Jazzit suite of products.
If you have solid accounting knowledge with experience working in a public practice environment, an understanding of accounting standards, an extensive understanding of CaseWare/CaseView, and the ability to troubleshoot issues posed by our professional clients, please don’t wait to apply.
- Consult with clients to find the best Jazzit templates solutions to suit their needs.
- Assist clients to implement Jazzit templates in their client files.
- Provide clients with and/or refer to technical bulletins, website resources, software manuals and other sources of information as required.
- Use email, online collaboration, and telephone to provide resolutions to client concerns.
- Work with Product Design staff to reproduce reported issues and software feature requests.
- Clearly document details of support cases in CRM software and follow up until the case is resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
- Review cases for similarity to identify issues that require further documentation or development.
- Provide input into feature development and new templates based on user feedback and observations from support cases.
- Assist and train other support staff, if required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of college or university accounting program or equivalent experience
- Understanding of accounting standards and financial statement preparation
- Strong computer systems and software skills
- Greater than 2 years experience in a comparable software position.
- Preference given to those with the following:
- Greater than 1 year experience working in a public practice accounting environment preparing year end engagements using CaseWare/CaseView.
- Previous experience with Jazzit templates.
Soft Skill requirements:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Positive attitude and disposition with strong customer service focus.
- Above average problem-solving skills in local computer and network environments, and business application software.
- Demonstrated ability to explain and document complex problems for others to review.
If you have interest in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply on Indeed. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: Calgary, AB
Our team is making a big impact through strategic and innovative accounting and audit solutions. Our products and services are a true reflection of a dedicated team of professionals, who continue to challenge the status quo. Our people enjoy the opportunity to be creative and expand their skills, in a flexible environment that enables healthy work life integration.
Join our team!
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper / Office Manager with a business mind and entrepreneurial spirit to ensure our day-to-day operations run smoothly. This role is critical to the success of our small (nerdy!) team and offers the opportunity to wear many hats, from financial and administrative to technology and social media.
- Process accounts payable and receivable including entering and verifying billing, invoices, and renewals
- Process and post payments and deposits
- Process payroll/timesheets and make sure that all staff are submitting timesheets in a timely and accurate manner
- Posting journal entries
- Oversee all administrative duties
- Establish and maintain effective filing systems
- Establish and maintain inventory of all office supplies, and a regular method of ordering, distributing, and paying for all supplies
- Organize and schedule events and meetings
- Manage relationships with external partners and contracts
- Enhance and/or develop office policies and procedures
- Assist with facilities and IT infrastructure
Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum five years bookkeeping and administrative experience; experience in a public practice accounting firm would be an asset.
- Post secondary education in accounting/finance is an asset, a combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficient in Quickbooks or similar bookkeeping platform along with all MS Office products.
- Experience managing social media accounts would be an asset.
- Experience working with Caseware is preferred.
- Unparalleled organizational, communication and relationship skills.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your level of experience.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN Jazzit (Accountants Templates Inc.)
A little bit about us. We believe in building trusted relationships with all our clients. Every client is like a partner, and we know that our success depends on your success with Jazzit. We have grown into a community of thousands of accounting professionals across Canada, making Jazzit the leader in CaseWare Productivity.
Jazzit is a happy, tight knit group with a focus on outstanding customer service and intuitive product development. They take pride in rewarding personal initiative and helping their team to further their professional development goals.